Founded in 1927, La Marzocco is one of the world leaders in producing of top-of-the-range espresso machines.
La Marzocco is constantly focused with the needs of the market with a view to the future.
Today I’m reviewing La Marzocco Strada AV (automatic volumetric) that was launched in 2016.
La Marzocco Strada AV takes its name from a group of baristas that worked with the company to design this model. This group was called “the strada team”
This model is designed for advanced users who want to deal with programmed measure of water when doing a shot. A volumetric machine operates with a flow meter that track the volume of water dispensed. I have already talked about setting the proper ratio between grams and water in this article .
This model ensures consistency and repeatable recipes even on peak times.
Main Features of Strada AV
There are several features in this model;
- there are multiple coffee boilers and also a boiler for the steam; every group has its own independent boiler;
- PIDs that allow to check electronically the temperatures of any boilers, (that’s what I mean about consistency);
- the possibility to set different recipes for every single boiler from the pre-infusion to the brew ratio changing as well the pressure and temperature of the water (both as regards coffee or tea) (coffee boilers works independently);
- a cool touch steam wand to work easily avoiding burns: there is a proportional steam valve with “anti-resuction mode”
- the portafilter stainless steel to improve the quality of the shots without affecting the flavors;
- the possibility to clean the groups automatically just with a combination of two buttons;
- well insulated boiler to improve the thermal stability;
- the cup preheating function to keep the cups warm (this is an optional extra);
- the ability to update the firmware via usb;
- O-LED displays to change the parameters easily;
- Eco mode and stand-by mode to improve the energy efficiency
The machine is available in 2 or 3 groups.
The capacity of the steam boiler is 8,2 liters and 11,8 liters depending on groups installed.
The coffee boiler works with a pressure of 9 bar and every boiler has 1,3 liters of capacity.
As I told before steam and coffee boilers are maintained by PID controller to ensure a more accuracy.
Italian design and a friendly interface: there is an intuitive programming with 3 button control panel where setting the parameters.
This is a machine that was designed for volume. If you are looking for consistency shot by shot this probably suits you.
Italian design, friendly interface and efficient water flow for this machine designed for volume. If you want constant professional results La Marzocco Strada AV won’t let you down!