Founded in 1927, La Marzocco is one of the world leaders in producing top-of-the-range espresso machines.
La Marzocco Strada AV espresso machine
La Marzocco is constantly focused on the needs of the market with a view to the future.
Today I’m reviewing La Marzocco Strada AV (automatic volumetric) that was launched in 2016.
La Marzocco Strada AV takes its name from a group of baristas ( check which tools you need to be competitive)that worked with the company to design this model. This group was called “the Strada team”
This model is designed for advanced users who want to deal with the programmed measure of water when doing a shot. A volumetric machine operates with a flow meter that tracks the volume of water dispensed. I have already talked about setting the proper ratio between grams and water.
This model ensures consistency and repeatable recipes even on peak times.
Main Features of Strada AV
There are several features in this model;
- there are multiple coffee boilers and also a boiler for the steam; every group has its own independent boiler;
- PIDs that allow checking electronically the temperatures of any boilers, (that’s what I mean about consistency);
- the possibility to set different recipes for every single boiler from the pre-infusion to the brew ratio changing as well the pressure and temperature of the water (both as regards coffee or tea) (coffee boilers works independently);
- a cool touch steam wand to work easily avoiding burns: there is a proportional steam valve with “anti-suction mode”
- the portafilter stainless steel to improve the quality of the shots without affecting the flavours;
- the possibility to clean the groups automatically just with a combination of two buttons;
- well-insulated boiler to improve the thermal stability;
- the cup preheating function to keep the cups warm (this is an optional extra);
- the ability to update the firmware via USB;
- O-LED displays to change the parameters easily;
- Eco mode and standby mode to improve energy efficiency
The machine is available in 2 or 3 groups.
The capacity of the steam boiler is 8,2 litres and 11,8 litres depending on groups installed.
The coffee boiler works with a pressure of 9 bar and every boiler has 1,3 litres of capacity.
As I told before steam and coffee boilers are maintained by a PID controller to ensure more accuracy.
Italian design and a friendly interface: there is intuitive programming with 3 button control panel in which setting the parameters.
This is a machine that was designed for volume. ( check also which coffee grinder is the correct one for u)If you are looking for consistency shot by shot this probably suits you.
La Marzocco strada av price
No matter how many groups, the price of the machine starts from £20.000.
Italian design, friendly interface and efficient water flow for this machine designed for volume. If you want constant professional results La Marzocco Strada AV won’t let you down!
La Marzocco Strada AV – The Grade
Coffee extraction – 85%
Price of the coffee machine – 70%
Usability of the machine – 85%
General features – 88%
I am an Italian coffee lover that pushed for the love of this “amazing drug” decided to come to London to study about coffee and its different extraction procedures and tastes.